For registration and more information check out our Camps page here!
Explore the world below the waves in Under the Sea! This week, we will dive into the sea as we learn about the various aquatic ecosystems, explore the ocean zones, marine animals, coral reefs, and more! Campers will experience different creatures of the deep through encounters with our aquatic animals living right in our lab.
In Under the Sea!, campers will:
• Dive deep into the ocean zones by experimenting with salinity and density and creating their own ocean model!
• Sea the difference they can make to protect our oceans and all the creatures that live within it
• Wave hello to a variety of sea creatures, while learning about their unique adaptations to the environment in which they live such as bioluminescence, the ability to glow in the dark!
• Fish for clues for the best ways for humans to explore the underwater world by creating their own deep sea exploration vehicle.
• Set sail for a week of experimenting, discovering and building ocean creatures and environments together!
How Do Virtual Camps Work?
Our expert STEM Educators will facilitate hands-on activities, self-directed learning, STEM explorations and group discussions.
Each day of virtual camp will include:
• 9:00 am - 10:00 am Zoom Meeting with lesson/activity, animal encounters or science demos.
• 10:00 am - 11:00 am Daily Challenge time & Open Zoom.
• 11:00 am - 12:30 pm Zoom Meeting to present daily challenge, follow up activities and lessons.
The daily STEM challenges encourage critical thinking, creative problem solving, and child-led exploration. These challenges can be completed in under an hour and with limited parental supervision.
The $175 base price of camp is for one "screen" and 1 kit. While we do not limit the number of children that can share a screen, the one kit that comes with the price is enough material for one participant. You may purchase additional kits for $25. For example, if you have two children sharing a screen, you might want choose 1 screen and 2 kits for $200.
Kits will be available for curbside pick up the week before the camp. If you are unable to pick up your kit curbside, please contact us for a list of kit materials.
*video session will be conducted over Zoom and recorded. If you need to miss a session, the recorded stream can sent via email.