For registration and more information check out our Camps page here!
Congratulations! You have been selected to join an elite group of super secret spies! Your knowledge and curiosity about science will help you and the ChildSci team to solve everyday mysteries with some common and not so common household items. Throughout the week, you and your fellow spy mates with join forces, and together you will learn more about how spies use science to not only solve mysteries, but learn about the world around us!
In Spy Camp, campers will:
• Use different science disciplines like chemistry and physics to learn how to solve mysteries
• Meet some spies throughout our history and discover their technological inventions!
• Discover the science behind spy movie special effects
• Build their own gadgets and learn the engineering process
• Partake in a secret mission to figure out who snatched the missing Children’s Science Center crown!
How Do Virtual Camps Work?
Our expert STEM Educators will facilitate hands-on activities, self-directed learning, STEM explorations and group discussions.
Each day of virtual camp will include:
• 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Zoom Meeting with lesson/activity, animal encounters or science demos.
• 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Daily Challenge time & Open Zoom.
• 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Zoom Meeting to present daily challenge, follow up activities and lessons.
The daily STEM challenges encourage critical thinking, creative problem solving, and child-led exploration. These challenges can be completed in under an hour and with limited parental supervision.
The $175 base price of camp is for one "screen" and 1 kit. While we do not limit the number of children that can share a screen, the one kit that comes with the price is enough material for one participant. You may purchase additional kits for $25. For example, if you have two children sharing a screen, you might want choose 1 screen and 2 kits for $200.
Kits will be available for curbside pick up the week before the camp. If you are unable to pick up your kit curbside, please contact us for a list of kit materials.
*video session will be conducted over Zoom and recorded. If you need to miss a session, the recorded stream can sent via email.