For registration and more information check out our Camps page here!
Get ready to go on a journey into the outer reaches of our solar system as you join us for Space Out! This camp will explore the technology we use to explore space – from rovers to rockets – and look beyond to study the sun, moon, stars, and planets!
In Space Out!, campers will:
• Harness the power of the sun and engineer their own to engineer their own solar oven
• Explore the stars and constellations and create their very own constellation viewer!
• Engineer their own Mars rover to explore other planets and collect data
• Meet earth animals up close to learn about alien adaptations
• Design and launch their very own rocket!
How Do Virtual Camps Work?
Our expert STEM Educators will facilitate hands-on activities, self-directed learning, STEM explorations and group discussions.
Each day of virtual camp will include:
• 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Zoom Meeting with lesson/activity, animal encounters or science demos.
• 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Daily Challenge time & Open Zoom.
• 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Zoom Meeting to present daily challenge, follow up activities and lessons.
The daily STEM challenges encourage critical thinking, creative problem solving, and child-led exploration. These challenges can be completed in under an hour and with limited parental supervision.
The price of a participant includes any number of children who will share a screen. The kit that comes with the price is enough material for one participant. You may purchase additional kits for $25.
Kits will be available for curbside pick up the week before the camp. If you are unable to pick up your kit curbside, please contact us for a list of kit materials.
*video session will be conducted over Zoom and recorded. If you need to miss a session, the recorded stream can sent via email.