For registration and more information check out our Camps page here!
Who loves a good magic show! Is Science magical? Or is magic just science? Campers will explore many different magic tricks and learn the science behind them. They can continue to explore at home with their own magic kit including all the materials for more amazing tricks. Will you share the science secrets or keep them to yourself?!
In Science Magic, students will:
• Discover how to use static electricity to move objects without touching them!
• Explore chemistry with pH indicators and disappearing ink
• Create a flying object using the power of magnets!
• Perform their own “magic trick,” and be able to explain the scientific concepts behind the magic!
How Do Virtual Camps Work?
Our expert STEM Educators will facilitate hands-on activities, self-directed learning, STEM explorations and group discussions.
Each day of virtual camp will include:
• 9:00 am - 10:00 am Zoom Meeting with lesson/activity, animal encounters or science demos.
• 10:00 am - 11:00 am Daily Challenge time & Open Zoom.
• 11:00 am - 12:30 pm Zoom Meeting to present daily challenge, follow up activities and lessons.
The daily STEM challenges encourage critical thinking, creative problem solving, and child-led exploration. These challenges can be completed in under an hour and with limited parental supervision.
The $175 base price of camp is for one "screen" and 1 kit. While we do not limit the number of children that can share a screen, the one kit that comes with the price is enough material for one participant. You may purchase additional kits for $25. For example, if you have two children sharing a screen, you might want choose 1 screen and 2 kits for $200.
Kits will be available for curbside pick up the week before the camp. If you are unable to pick up your kit curbside, please contact us for a list of kit materials.
*video session will be conducted over Zoom and recorded. If you need to miss a session, the recorded stream can sent via email.