For registration and more information check out our Camps page here!
Spark your curiosity at our virtual Inventor’s Workshop! We will spend the week tinkering, building, and creating as we explore the engineering process from start to finish, investigate how machines work, create electrical circuits, and apply critical thinking skills as we tackle problems big and small!
Campers in Inventor’s Workshop will:
• Discover a new inventor and their inventions every day, from the ancient discoveries of Archimedes to the technological innovations of Ada Lovelace and Steve Jobs!
• Create their own battery, electrical switch, and circuit to carry energy and discover the shocking nature of electricity in the world around us.
• Solve problems and learn to appreciate and learn from your mistakes.
• Blueprint and design your own invention!
How Do Virtual Camps Work?
Our expert STEM Educators will facilitate hands-on activities, self-directed learning, STEM explorations and group discussions.
Each day of virtual camp will include:
• 9:00 am - 10:00 am Zoom Meeting with lesson/activity, animal encounters or science demos.
• 10:00 am - 11:00 am Daily Challenge time & Open Zoom.
• 11:00 am - 12:30 pm Zoom Meeting to present daily challenge, follow up activities and lessons.
The daily STEM challenges encourage critical thinking, creative problem solving, and child-led exploration. These challenges can be completed in under an hour and with limited parental supervision.
The $175 base price of camp is for one "screen" and 1 kit. While we do not limit the number of children that can share a screen, the one kit that comes with the price is enough material for one participant. You may purchase additional kits for $25. For example, if you have two children sharing a screen, you might want choose 1 screen and 2 kits for $200.
Kits will be available for curbside pick up the week before the camp. If you are unable to pick up your kit curbside, please contact us for a list of kit materials.
*video session will be conducted over Zoom and recorded. If you need to miss a session, the recorded stream can sent via email.