For registration and more information check out our Camps page here!
Have you seen a printer in action, making something cool on a piece of paper? What if that printer could make things you could hold in your hand? Things that saved the International Space Station? Things that, at this very moment, are saving someone’s life? Well, that printer exists, and in this camp you’ll learn all about it- part science, part art, and all awesome!
In The Wonders of the Third Dimension, campers will:
• Find out what a 3D Printer is, what it does, and how it works!
• Learn basic 3D object design, and how it’s different from regular art!Master the 3D Design software 3D Slash!
• Master the 3D Design software 3D Slash!
• Create their own 3D Designs, and even go home with one!
How Do Virtual Camps Work?
Our expert STEM Educators will facilitate hands-on activities, self-directed learning, STEM explorations and group discussions.
Each day of virtual camp will include:
• 9:00 am - 10:00 am Zoom Meeting with lesson/activity, animal encounters or science demos.
• 10:00 am - 11:00 am Daily Challenge time & Open Zoom.
• 11:00 am - 12:30 pm Zoom Meeting to present daily challenge, follow up activities and lessons.
The daily STEM challenges encourage critical thinking, creative problem solving, and child-led exploration. These challenges can be completed in under an hour and with limited parental supervision.
The $175 base price of camp is for one "screen" and 1 kit. While we do not limit the number of children that can share a screen, the one kit that comes with the price is enough material for one participant. You may purchase additional kits for $25. For example, if you have two children sharing a screen, you might want choose 1 screen and 2 kits for $200.
Kits will be available for curbside pick up the week before the camp. If you are unable to pick up your kit curbside, please contact us for a list of kit materials.
*video session will be conducted over Zoom and recorded. If you need to miss a session, the recorded stream can sent via email.