Monday through Friday from 9am to 3:30pm and designed for grades 3 – 6.
Set your sights high with our Dream, It, Build It! camp. Put your creativity and engineering skills to the test to design a new museum for Northern Virginia!
In Dream It, Build It, campers will:
• Learn principles of building design and engineering through hands-on activities.
• Explore all museums of all sorts from science museums to zoos and get a behind-the-scenes look at operations and design.
• Create their own blueprints and detailed exhibit hall designs.
• Build a prototype of a dream learning space with a theme of their choosing.
How Do Virtual Camps Work?
Our expert STEM Educators will facilitate hands-on activities, self-directed learning, STEM explorations and group discussions.
Each day of virtual camp will include:
• an hour long morning video session* from 9am-10am
• a daily challenge activity
• an hour and a half afternoon video session* from 2pm – 3:30pm
Video Sessions include games, discussion, instruction, science connection and an exciting online animal encounter or science demonstration presented live by our STEM Educators!
The daily STEM challenges encourage critical thinking, creative problem solving, and child-led exploration. These challenges can be completed in under an hour an with limited parental supervision, with the opportunity for activity extensions that can last all day and beyond!
Campers will receive an online informational packet to help them complete the daily STEM challenges, including step by step instructions to follow, worksheets to complete, templates for projects, and a list of possible materials. PLEASE NOTE: the only materials necessary to participate in camp are a device with video and internet access (tablet, laptop, computer, etc) and a pencil and paper. It is helpful to have a printer to print the online informational packets. All projects can be completed with a wide array of household items.
Informational packets will also include extensions of our curriculum such as articles to read, videos to watch, and more activities to try at home with the whole family!
*video session will be conducted over Zoom and recorded. If you need to miss a session, the recorded stream can sent via email.